New child travel legislation


May 28 th, 2015

SA ministry of interior announced on Tuesday that all children entering or leaving SA should have an unabridged birth certificate in addition to their passport from June 1. The unabridged birth certificate contains details of both the biological father and mother of the child. The new legislation will apply to anyone travelling with a child, whether single, married or divorced. If only one parent travels with the child, an additional procuration form from the other parent is required. Single parents are exempt from this requirement. An adult travelling with a child must have another certificate stating the agreement of both parents. SA government says that with 2.7 million children travelling to the country per a year, the new law will help fight child trafficking.


  • Nov 26

    Youngest Microsoft graduate

    The youngest Microsoft graduate made headline news in British newspapers. Ayan Qureshi (5) poses next to his computer