ECONOMY

 

SA invests R6bn in agriculture

 

NEWS

June 29 th, 2015

The government has allocated R6bn in the Department of Rural Development and Land Reform to implement agro-parks in 44 municipalities in SA. BD live reported that the project will create 300,000 small farm jobs and 145,000 jobs in agricultural processing by 2020. The Deputy Director-General of Department Leona Archary said that the agro-parks provide networks of contacts between producers, processors and the market. In addition, training for farmers will be provided to obtain optimal results regarding land exploitation. Farmers will hold 70% of the farming land while the state and private sector will share the remaining 30%.


  • Nov 26

    Youngest Microsoft graduate

    The youngest Microsoft graduate made headline news in British newspapers. Ayan Qureshi (5) poses next to his computer